Tools to measure the abilities and potential of your current and future leaders…
Leader Engagement and Development System – LEADS TM
Leader engagement is one of the most important yet often overlooked opportunities to increase employee engagement in any organization.
Through years of research we identified a proven method to measure how well individual leaders engage their employees and the steps to take to improve their engagement skills. Developed and perfected with tens of thousands of leaders LEADS has been proven to increase leaders’ abilities to engage and retain their team members. This simple but powerful process will increase leadership effectiveness and team performance.
Highly engaged employees improve operational metrics:
Investing in Leader Engagement
Investing in leadership is the surest, quickest, and most complete business strategy on which an organization can focus. Leaders are the one driver that can change the quickest in terms of their influence on engagement. From a leadership perspective, it’s all about awareness of the engagement issue and the leader’s behavior in relation to the initiative. Hopefully no leaders come to work and say things like, “How do I break trust today?” or “How do I let my team down today?” And yet too many leaders are unaware of the little things they do that have that same impact.
The Impact of Leader Engagement
Since a leader has the most interaction, observations, and dialogue with each employee, this makes them the best person to talk about the employee’s career and coaching. Our research shows that more leaders could be having these conversations.
We see two reasons leaders hesitate to have these conversations:
They aren’t aware it’s part of their job. Their leader has never had this conversation with them so there is no example to follow.
They don’t want to make a mistake. They don’t want to overpromise to a team member that a promotion or a raise is in their future. Nor do they want to promise training/development or anything they would value from a career standpoint because the leader isn’t sure whether promising such things is feasible, appropriate, or even within their authority.
LEADS Offers an Effective Set of Tools for Leaders
LEADS is an online system that includes a questionnaire, leader training programs, job aids and detailed reporting capability for tracking and accountability.
- Research-based online leader engagement questionnaire to measure leader engagement effectiveness
- Clear behaviorally-based individual leader and group reports
- Online action planning tool (for all levels of leadership)
- Team meeting guides (to help leaders effectively communicate results at the team level)
- Recommended leadership development activities
The LEADS Process
Research-based online leader engagement questionnaire measures leader engagement effectiveness. Using the questionnaire will boost productivity while also strengthening employee-leader relationships to create a climate where employees are motivated to work harder and drive stronger results not only for their department, but for the organization overall.
Clear, behaviorally-based individual leader and group reports. Results are presented in an easy to understand format using key metrics and guided action planning steps allowing each leader to quickly see areas of strength as well as areas for development. Analyze results by any attributes from your Human Resources Information system (HRIS) or operational performance system.
The guide helps leaders prepare effectively for discussions with their teams about the survey results. Leaders can create a positive experience for their team,inspiring them to be supportive and engaged in the improvement process.
Prepopulated results from the questionnaire allows easy goal setting for individual leaders. Versatile action planning options include leveraging strengths, developing opportunity areas, inclusion of comments plus guides for developing an approach and setting SMARTER goals. Participation reports track action plan progress at all steps which drives accountability.
If you’d like more information about TalentKeeper’s Parting Words Exit Interview Solution, including a detailed quote based on your needs, just give us a call at 407-660-6041 or request an online quote here!
RQ – Retention Quotient
This 50-minute situational judgment assessment is designed to measure a person’s understanding of and ability to apply 10 key leadership competencies that have been proven to increase employee engagement, retention and team performance. It can also be used as a leadership readiness assessment for employees who are interested in a leadership role and to help prioritize the participant’s leadership development plan.
- Provides current and aspiring leaders insights into their strengths and developmental opportunities
- Reports are available for each individual leader with a built-in action plan and can be aggregated by various attributes with a built-in action plan
- Content of the assessment focuses on 10 key leadership competencies, which link to our leadership training series, allowing participants to take training in areas needing development
- Results can be aggregated by various attributes (i.e. level, location, function) to allow for training needs analysis
Insight Multi-rater (360) Survey
A 360º survey that solicits input from individual leaders, their team members, peers, and their manager. The objective is to enhance a leader’s awareness of their strengths and weaknesses so appropriate developmental activities can be determined and prioritized. Additionally, Insight can be used as a pre-training and post-training diagnostic tool and as part of a leadership assessment program for development and promotion.
- Content of the survey focuses on 10 key leadership competencies with structured items proven to effectively measure performance
- Valuable comparisons are drawn in those areas where the leader and the other respondents differed in their perceptions
- Respondents, other than the focal leader and their manager, will be anonymous and identified only by their relationship to the leader
(e.g., team members, and peers)
- Reports available at individual and aggregate levels with built-in action plans
Need more info? You've Got Options!
Become a Member
Unlock member-only resources including the turnover cost calculator!
Contact Us Today
Have a question? Need a quote? Submitting an RFP? We’re here to help.
Attend a Webinar
Check out our On Demand and upcoming live webinars.
View our Brochure
Explore all of our employee engagement and retention solutions.